Launched our 2030 Environmental Goals.
Began integrating climate
risk into our risk management framework.
employees participated in the annual EcoChallenge.
of suppliers disclosed climate risks, GHG emissions, and other environmental data through the CDP’s Supply Chain Program.
of MetLife buildings are LEED certified, representing more than 4.2 million square feet of space.
2030 Environmental Highlights
- Maintain carbon neutrality annually for our global offices, fleet, and business travel.
- Reduce location-based GHG emissions by 30% from 2019 to 2030.
- Achieve green or healthy building certification for 40% of our global office portfolio (sq. ft.).
- Mobilize 100 suppliers to set a GHG emissions reduction target by 2025.
Protecting Our Communities
- Plant 5 million trees, prioritizing areas vulnerable to natural disasters.
- Engage and educate 50,000 stakeholders on environmental stewardship annually.
- Commit to grant $10 million to environmental causes by MetLife Foundation.
- Commit $5 million to develop products and partnerships that drive climate solutions.
- Originate $20 billion of new MIM-managed green investments.
- Originate $500 million of new MetLife impact investments, with 25% allocated to climate change priorities.
- Power all MIM-managed and controlled real estate investments with 100% renewable electricity.
Want the full report?
Download for comprehensive insights and strategies.