A key facet of our purpose is giving customers confidence. As society faces growing financial, mental, social and physical concerns, we provide solutions that meet diverse and evolving needs.
Increasingly, sustainability lies at the core of those needs. To help customers fulfill their purpose—and in turn to help us fulfill ours— MetLife must innovate to embed ESG factors into our products and services, thereby ingraining sustainability in our business. This can include:
- Empowering underserved populations— Prioritizing improved access to and ease of use of our products that enhance lives;
- Supporting wellness—Securing individuals’ and families’ health and well-being;
- Protecting the environment—Taking bold action on climate change to protect our customers’ futures;
- Delivering for our customers—Providing dependable customer service and information; and
- Sharing insights that address employee well-being—Contributing research, information and insights on important societal issues.
MetLife’s go-to-market strategy is regional [U.S.; Latin America (LATAM); Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA); and Asia] and each regional head reports to the CEO. We have internal guidelines in place for product development and marketing that are designed to ensure compliance with all applicable local regulations, while also taking into account diversity of perspectives and experiences, including compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.